Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act: Terrestrial Species January 2019
The Government of Canada is committed to preventing the disappearance of wildlife species at risk from our lands. As part of its strategy for realizing that commitment, on June 5, 2003, the Government of Canada proclaimed the Species at Risk Act (SARA). Attached to the Act is Schedule 1, the list of the species provided for under SARA, also called the List of Wildlife Species at Risk. Extirpated, Endangered and Threatened species on Schedule 1 benefit from the protection afforded by the prohibitions and from recovery planning requirements under SARA. Special Concern species benefit from its management planning requirements. Schedule 1 has grown from the original 233 to 580 wildlife species at risk.
Please submit your comments by May 13, 2019, for terrestrial species undergoing normal consultations and by October 14, 2019, for terrestrial species undergoing extended consultations.
For a description of the consultation paths these species will undergo, please visit the Species at Risk (SAR) Public Registry website at: The Minister of the Environment's Response to Species at Risk Assessments.
- HTML version of "Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act: Terrestrial Species January 2019"
- "Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act: Terrestrial Species January 2019" (2019-01-15) (PDF format, 2,754.91 KB)
- HTML version of "Consultation: amending terrestrial species list on Species at Risk Act - January 2019 - summary"
- "Consultation: amending terrestrial species list on Species at Risk Act - January 2019 - summary" (2019-01-15) (PDF format, 938.87 KB)
Species at Risk Public Registry Office
Environment and Climate Change Canada
351 St. Joseph Boulevard
- Caribou (Dolphin and Union population)
- Athabasca Thrift interior
- Blanket-leaved Willow
- Downy Yellow False Foxglove
- Fern-leaved Yellow False Foxglove
- Floccose Tansy floccosum
- Large-headed Woolly Yarrow megacephala
- Mackenzie Hairgrass
- Quebec Rockcress
- Sand-dune Short-capsuled Willow psammophila
- Smooth Yellow False Foxglove
- Tall Bugbane
- Tall Woolly-heads
- Turnor's Willow
- Yukon Wild Buckwheat aquilinum
- No links available.